In 2015 the Herefordshire Community Foundation took on the management of funds that were originally raised by the Herefordshire Proficiency Test Committee (HPTC). This is being used to support a County-wide training fund that is named after the late Jack Hughes, who was the founder of Herefordshire PTC, and did so much work in ensuring that training skills were accessible and available to the farming community in Herefordshire and in particular for young farmers.
The new 2017 programme will be available for farmers aged over 40 and will specifically provide funds to support those who require:
- retraining or upskilling as they are leaving the industry
- training to support a new farm diversification enterprise
- training or business support for succession planning
Funding will also be available for the following courses:
- Safe use of pesticides – PA1, PA2, PA6
- Rodent control on farms
- Emergency first aid
- Food safety (Basic Food Hygiene)
- Chainsaw Maintenance & Cross Cutting (CS30)
The Jack Hughes Fund will fund up to a maximum of 70% pf the cost of training or costs up to a maximum of £150. Funding will be limited to one family member/employee per annum.
The funding is easy to access but please note that the project will not support training retrospectively and places will be limited. Applicants need to be resident in Herefordshire.
- Select which course you would like to go on and book onto it.
- Complete this form and return to the address below.
- Applications will be reviewed within 4 weeks from the date of the receipt of the application.
- You will receive notification of whether your application has been successful within the four weeks from the date of the receipt of the application. If your funding has been approved you will be able to reclaim part of your costs limited to a £150 per person or up to 70% of the cost of the training.
- To receive your money you will have to submit your course/training certificate and copy of invoice for training after your training.
- Once this is signed off you will receive a BACS payment reimbursing you.
For further details and an application form please contact:
Herefordshire Community Foundation, The Fred Bulmer Centre, Wall Street, Hereford HR4 9HP.
Tel: 01432 272550