Following confirmed cases of Avian Influenza in wild birds in three separate locations, an avian influenza prevention zone has been declared across the whole of England.
It is a legal requirement for ALL bird keepers to:
• Feed poultry in enclosed areas to discourage wild birds.
• Regularly clean and disinfect hard areas the birds can access.
• Minimise the number of visitors in contact with birds.
• Cleanse and disinfect footwear, equipment and vehicles which have access to bird areas.
• Ensure food, bedding and water supplies are secure from contamination.
• Implement effective vermin control.