Advice, Information and Support for businesses, employers, self employed, and individuals affected by the Coronavirus pandemic.
The websites below are being continually updated with the latest information, so please keep checking them.
Find out how to protect yourself or check if you need medical help on the NHS website
For information on how Herefordshire Council is addressing the COVID-19 situation
The latest news on how Coronavirus is affecting residents and services across the county
If you need information, advice or support during the coronavirus/COVID-19 situation, including where you can order ready-made meals/groceries/food for delivery, take a look at what’s available in your local area on the WISH Herefordshire website
Herefordshire Council Talk Community
If you need any help with collecting shopping or medication, or just want someone to talk to at this difficult time, please contact the Herefordshire Council Talk Community team using the details below.
Contact us on 01432 260 027 Or Email: email@example.com
Marches Growth Hub
Advice and information on the support available for businesses, employers, and self-employed
Government guidance to employers and businesses
Guidance for employers and businesses
DEFRA and APHA
Advice for livestock keepers and pet owners on maintaining the welfare of animals during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic
Red Tractor COVID-19 Hub
Updated positions and guidance for those on Red Tractor Schemes
Providing free and confidential advice, support and financial assistance to people of all ages working in, or retired from horticulture. Also offering support and Information on Coronavirus Covid-19
Deferred VAT payments to HMRC
- The deferral period for VAT payments to HMRC applies from 20th March 2020 until 30th June 2020.
- All VAT registered traders are eligible. This will generally mean the deferral of one quarter’s VAT: the payment due on 7 April, 7 May or 7 June 2020 or the monthly payments due on each of these dates. This is an automatic offer and no application is required.
- Businesses due to pay VAT to HMRC will have until the end of the 2020/21 tax year to pay any liabilities that accumulate during the deferral period.
- All businesses should continue to file their VAT returns by the due date.
- Businesses that have a direct debit mandate in place to pay their VAT and wish to defer payment will need to contact their bank to cancel that mandate. This needs to be done before the direct debit is due to be collected.
- Businesses will also need to remember to reinstate their direct debit mandate once the deferral period is over and to make arrangements to pay the accumulated VAT by the end of the 2020/21 tax year.
- VAT refunds and reclaims will be paid by the government as normal.
“Farming Help” providing support for farmers affected by Covid-19
The Farming Help Charities – Addington Fund, Farming Community Network (FCN), Forage Aid, Royal Agricultural Benevolent Institution (R.A.B.I), and RSABI, supported by The Prince’s Countryside Fund – are working together to support the Farming Community during the current Coronavirus (Covid-19) outbreak.
We recognise that this could be an anxious time for many farmers and farming families and periods of poor health or self-isolation may result in temporary practical difficulties on farm.
This initiative is in conjunction with The National Federation of Young Farmers’ Clubs, The National Farmers’ Union, and the NFU Mutual Charitable Trust.
Utilising our Farming Help helpline (operated by FCN) and respective organisations/volunteer networks, we can offer the following local support. Get in touch on 03000 111 999 if you:
- Feel concerned or anxious and would like to talk to someone who understands farming, will listen to you and help you think through your options
- Would like help to draft a contingency plan to ensure you and your farm are prepared, should you be unable to work for a time.
- If you or people you rely on become ill or are self-isolating and you need to find help locally- we will endeavour to find support for you in your local area. We will source contact details of local organisations and groups who may be able to assist you in finding help to feed livestock, collect shopping or collect prescriptions if you are unable to do so.
This directory will be revised and updated in the coming weeks and months.
Call 03000 111 999 or visit http://www.farminghelp.co.uk
Could you or someone you know benefit from support:-
Farming Community Network 03000 111 999 website: http://www.fcn.org.uk/
Royal Agricultural Benevolent Institution (RABI) 0808 2819490 website: http://www.rabi.org.uk/
Borderlands Rural Chaplaincy 07966 927404 website: www.borderchaplain.org
You Are Not Alone (YANA) 0300 323 0400 website: www.yanahelp.org/
Farming Help 0845 367 9990 website: www.farminghelp.org.uk/
Addington Fund 01926 620 135 website: www.addingtonfund.org.uk/
Herefordshire Samaritans website: www.samaritans.org/branches/herefordshire-samaritans
Carerstrust 4 All – Hereford CarerLinks 01432 663 057 website: www.carerstrust4all.org.uk