Location: Agriculture House, Hereford HR4 9QJ
Employment status: Self Employed
Part time post – Approx 60 hours per month
Pay rate: Hourly Rate: £20 + mileage 0.45p/mile.
Applications are invited from individuals to undertake the role of Co-ordinator at Herefordshire Rural Hub. The role requires a self-employed individual to work approx. 60 hours per month to deliver the objectives of the Hub through a wide range of projects to support farming and rural businesses.
- In depth knowledge of Herefordshire, the rural economy, agriculture & the environment, coupled with a desire to improve it
- A keen interest and understanding of farming and rural economy issues from a local to a national level
- Driving licence and own vehicle
- Excellent communication, facilitation and presentation skills
- Ability to multi task and manage own work load
- Previous experience of project management and budgets
- Can work as part of a team, showing leadership skills where necessary
- Flexibility in work hours including evenings and weekends
- Be able to engage with and work in partnership with a varied range of stakeholders
- Utilise local networks to strengthen the profile of the Hub and enhance delivery of projects
- Good IT skills (Word, Excel & Powerpoint) and familiar with on-line banking and cloud accounting
- Communication skills including use of and promotion through social media
- Manage and deliver a range of existing projects including balancing budgets, producing project reports and ensuring targets are met.
- Tasks will range from scheduling and attending meetings for partners, organising farm walks and farmer events.
- Work in tandem with the Hub administrator on the day to day running of the organisation
- Work with the Hub Directors on the development of new projects
- Summary of projects currently being delivered:
- Farm Herefordshire
- Herefordshire Meadows
- Faster Farmers
- Green Futures 2019
- Princes Countryside Fund
- Farming 2020
- Farm Resilience Group
Further details of these projects are on the Hub website at
Deadline for applications is Friday 23rd November 2018 at 5pm.
Please email a copy of your CV and a covering letter to:
Cathy Meredith email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to discuss further please ring Cathy on mobile: 07970 181 628